Friday, May 9, 2008

My DUN's Diary - 7.5.2008

The below is part of Chieng Jen Speech in DUN on 07.05.2008:-

Chieng Jen:
Mr. Speaker, have you heard about “Wikipedia”? (Silent) Anyone heard about “Wikipedia”? (Silent) That’s mean you are not very internet servy. It is a free encyclopedia available to anyone on the net. You can type anything, and most of the time you will get the answer. But in the “Wikipedia”, I will urge honourable members of this House to have a look. I went in, I do a few searches, and when I came along with the name of our Chief Minister, Abdul Taib Mhmud…

Speaker: No… No… I have to stop you.

Chieng Jen: Ha… (Laughing) Why?

Speaker: Because is sub-judice.

Chieng Jen: No, no. That is not sub-judice.

Speaker: It was stated in the (election) petition (against you).

Chieng Jen: What is in the petition?

Speaker: What you alleged against the CM and the family, and the companies.

Chieng Jen: What did I alleged?

Speaker: If in the election petition served on you by the petitioner with you as respondent, incited or with your blog and you pamphlets, so I have to stop you…. Member for Kota Sentosa, that is my ruling.

Chieng Jen: It is very bad…

Then the hullabaloo started.

4 comments:

John said...

Is there any pictures or youtube available of CCJ speeches in DUN?

黄庆伟 said...

Ya. We have the audio file of the full 67 minutes speech. We still working on it. It will be available to you all through my blog or Jen's. By the way thanks for becoming the 1st to leave comment on my new blog.

黄庆伟 said...

We are having some problem to upload the audio file. Please bare with us. Thanks.

黄庆伟 said...

Sorry,we failed to upload the audio file in the blog. It seems like this can't be done.